Week 2 Rankings – QB
Player – (Opponent in Parenthesis)
1. Peyton Manning (KC) – The Chiefs are down two defensive starters (Derrick Johnson and Mike Devito), and Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning.
2. Drew Brees (@CLE) – Last week’s 34 point outing for New Orleans only created 16 fantasy points for Brees. Expect that number to reach the 20s against a mediocre Cleveland defense.
3. Aaron Rodgers (NYJ) – 9 points last week against Seattle is to be expected. Now playing a Jets defense which is stout against the run yet more than suspect against the pass, Rodgers should be back to his normal self.
4. Nick Foles (@IND) – Peyton Manning torched the Indy defense last week and I expect Foles to do similar damage, especially after a stellar second half in his week 1 contest.
5. Matthew Stafford (@CAR) – As long as he keeps throwing to Megatron, Stafford should be a top 5 QB on a weekly basis.
6. Andrew Luck (PHI) – It’s bound to be a shootout against the Eagles on Monday night. You could do a lot worse than having Luck on your side.
7. Russell Wilson (@SD) – The Chargers made Carson Palmer look like Brett Favre last week. What will Wilson look like in week 2?
8. Colin Kaepernick (CHI) – First home game a new stadium against a pretty bad Bears defense should equal success.
9. Tom Brady (@MIN) – The Patriots haven’t lost back to back games since early 2012. Brady will bounce back in week 2.
10. Matt Ryan (@CIN) – This Cincy defense is much better than the Saints’ D that Ryan torched last week.
First five out: Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Robert Griffin III