Week 9 Rankings – QB
Uh oh… The Manning brothers are both on bye weeks. Okay, so no one cares that Eli isn’t playing, but the week off for Peyton could cause some problems. Who’s the new number one?
QB (Opponent in Parenthesis)
1. Drew Brees (@NYJ) – Last week Brees threw 5 touchdowns for the 8th time in his career which is an NFL record. Andy Dalton also threw 5 TD’s last week… against the Jets.
2. Cam Newton (ATL) – Newton is averaging 24 fantasy points over his last 3 games and now faces a defense that made Carson Palmer look like a pro bowler last week.
3. Aaron Rodgers (CHI) – The Packers scored on every single drive last week save for a kneel down to end the game
4. Philip Rivers (@WSH) – The Broncos put up 45 points on Washington and Rivers has had 2 weeks to prepare
5. Tony Romo (MIN) – The Packers put up 44 points on the Vikings last week and Romo has had 1 week to prepare. Wait, everyone gets a week to prepare.
6. Russell Wilson (TB) – The Seahawks haven’t lost at home since 2011 and the Bucs haven’t won anywhere since 2012.
7. Robert Griffin III (SD) – Assuming his knee is okay, RGIII should be able to pick apart a lousy San Diego defense
8. Andrew Luck (@HOU) – Can Keenum beat Luck? Nope.
9. Matt Ryan (@CAR) – After throwing 4 picks last week, there’s nowhere to go but up, right?
10. Andy Dalton (@MIA) – If you throw 5 touchdowns one week, you make the top 10 the next.
First five out: Tom Brady, Terrelle Pryor, Ben Roethlisberger, Jake Locker, Alex Smith