Week 8 Rankings – WR
The depth of receivers has dropped dramatically due to injuries and the unusual amount bye weeks. Making the right choice on who to start and who to sit is critical this week; use these rankings to help you out with those tough calls.
WR (Opponent in Parenthesis)
1. Calvin Johnson (DAL) – Brandon Carr is having nightmares about this matchup
2. AJ Green (NYJ) – Back to back 16+ fantasy point games has put Green back on the map
3. Dez Bryant (@DET) – Calvin Johnson goes against AJ Green last week and now Dez this week
4. Demaryius Thomas (WSH) – The Redskins gave up 41 points to the Bears with their backup QB
5. Wes Welker (WSH) – The Redskins gave up 41 points to the Bears with their backup QB
6. Jordy Nelson (@MIN) – The Vikings defense was the only unit that made the Giants offense look good so far this year
7. Vincent Jackson (CAR) – Mike Glennon has turned Jackson into an absolute beast. Unfortunately that’s the only good thing about Mike Glennon
8. DeSean Jackson (NYG) – Michael Vick is back and the Giants are coming to town
9. Pierre Garcon (@DEN) – Denver’s defense is almost has atrocious as the defense that Garcon goes up against during practice
10. Eric Decker (WSH) – The Redskins gave up 41… oh wait, you’ve heard this before?
11. Victor Cruz (PHI) – Don’t love Cruz this week. The Eagles are great at taking away your best option and they held Cruz to 4 fantasy points in their last meeting. Victor also has 6 points or less in each of his past 3 games
12. Josh Gordon (@KC) – Trade rumors are swirling, but Jason Campbell can only be an upgrade from Brandon Weeden for the time being
13. Larry Fitzgerald (ATL) – Did you see what Vincent Jackson did to the Falcons secondary last week?
14. Steve Smith (@TB) – He has scored a touchdown in each of the past 2 games and Cam Newton trusts him more than any other receiver on the roster
15. Antonio Brown (@OAK) – Pittsburgh has finally gotten back on track and Oakland’s secondary can make anyone look good
16. Anquan Boldin (@JAC) – Did you know Boldin has just 2 games of double digit fantasy points this year? Make that 3 against the Jags this week
17. Justin Blackmon (SF) – He has been the most targeted and most productive Jacksonville receiver since he came back from suspension
18. Terrance Williams (DET) – 3 straight games with a touchdown… safe to say Tony Romo likes the guy
19. Harry Douglas (@ARI) – Stepped up in a big way last week without Roddy White or Julio Jones. He wont be as good this week, but he doesn’t need to be
20. Jarret Boykin (@MIN) – James Jones, Randall Cobb, and Jermichael Finley are all dealing with injuries. Pickup Boykin and get ready for a very nice fantasy day
First five out: Marques Colston, Cecil Shorts, Mike Wallace, Steve Johnson, Hakeem Nicks