Week 8 Rankings – QB
As I mentioned in my Waiver-Wire pickups column earlier, Week 8 is an extremely important game for your fantasy team. In order to grab a much needed win, your quarterback has to put up some solid numbers. Take a look at my rankings to figure out your best lineup options.
QB (Opponent in Parenthesis)
1. Peyton Manning (WSH) – Luke McCown led the Bears to 41 points vs. the Redskins, what can Manning do?
2. Drew Brees (BUF) – 2 weeks to prepare for Buffalo? I like Brees’ chances.
3. Aaron Rodgers (@MIN) – One has to wonder when all these injuries to his receivers will affect Rodgers
4. Matthew Stafford (DAL) – Stafford has established himself as a top 5 fantasy QB: he’s averaging 24.5 fantasy points in his last 2 games
5. Cam Newton (@TB) – Thursday Night Football games are traditionally sloppy, but did you see what Matt Ryan did to the Bucs last week?
6. Robert Griffin III (@DEN) – The Broncos defense is one of the worst in the league… RGIII finally looks 100% healthy… I like that combination
7. Tony Romo (@DET) – Since his 40 fantasy point outburst in week 5, he has combined to get half that number in the 2 games since
8. Colin Kaepernick (@JAC) – After a several week hiatus from the top 10, Kaepernick finally makes it back when he plays the Jags
9. Matt Ryan (@ARI) – Ryan proved he can do more with less last week, let’s see if he can keep it up
10. Russell Wilson (@STL) – Wilson gets a chance to shine in Monday Night Primetime, and I believe he does
First five out: Tom Brady, Michael Vick, Terrelle Pryor, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger