Week 6 Rankings – WR
Calvin Johnson sent shockwaves through the NFL when it was announced that he would be sitting vs. the Packers shortly before game time and Julio Jones’ season ending injury was even bigger news. However, life goes on, and owners must find ways to replace their stars. Without further ado…
WR (Opponent in Parenthesis)
1. Demaryius Thomas (JAX) – Name a player in the Jaguars secondary… exactly. If the Broncos are going to score 50, Thomas has to find the end-zone multiple times.
2. Dez Bryant (WSH) – 222 yards and 4 TD’s in his past 2 games with the Redskins coming to town? I like the odds.
3. Calvin Johnson (@CLE) – He did not practice on Wednesday so monitor his injury as the week progresses. But even if he plays, he might not be his usual self with Joe Haden covering him all day.
4. Brandon Marshall (NYG) – He has 3 straight games of less than 10 fantasy points, but that should change with the Giants matching up across from him.
5. Wes Welker (JAX) – Welker has a touchdown in every single game this year and already has more now than he did all of last season.
6. A.J. Green (@BUF) – Green hasn’t had more than 61 receiving yards since week 1, but he also leads the NFL in targets so the production will come.
7. Victor Cruz (CHI) – Remember when Antonio Brown had 31 fantasy points against the Bears?
8. Torrey Smith (GB) – He’s averaging 20 yards per catch so the threat of the big play is always there.
9. Randall Cobb (@BAL) – He had a 67 yard run last week… safe to say the Packers want to get him the ball as much as they can.
10. Pierre Garcon (@DAL) – RGIII will need Garcon to continue his ascension to stardom if the Redskins have a shot at beating the Cowboys.
11. Jordy Nelson (@BAL) – Nelson fantasy output by game this year? 19, 18, 9, 8. So does that mean he goes back to 19 this week?
12. Eric Decker (JAX) – Big surprise, Denver players are good to play this week. The real question is: Would you start the Broncos right guard against the Jaguars? I’d have to think about it.
13. Reggie Wayne (@SD) – Andrew Luck’s stellar play has a lot to do with Wayne’s reliability.
14. Vincent Jackson (PHI) – Hopefully he returns from the bye healthier than he went into it.
15. Andre Johnson (STL) – Matt Schuab has an interception returned for a touchdown in 4 straight games which is an NFL record. Johnson provides a nice safety net for his QB though.
16. Josh Gordon (DET) – Just 4 receptions last week but he managed to turn them into 14 fantasy points.
17. Antonio Brown (NYJ) – Good luck against Cromartie, but Brown is really the only pass-catching threat that Pittsburgh has.
18. DeSean Jackson (@TB) – I don’t like anybody’s matchup going against Darrelle Revis. Especially when the receiver has his backup QB throwing him the ball.
19. Alshon Jeffery (NYG) – If the Giants take away Marshall as teams have done for the past 3 weeks, guess who gets all the targets…
20. Justin Blackmon (@DEN) – His first catch of the season was a 67 yard touchdown. He needs about 6 of those to beat the Broncos on Sunday, but hey, anything can happen. Actually no not really, the Jaguars stink, but Blackmon will still have a nice day.
First five out: Danny Amendola, Steve Smith, James Jones, Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks