Week 6 Rankings – QB
Week 5 featured some unbelievable performances (hello, Tony Romo) and some lackluster ones as well (hello, Cam Newton). But for the most part, the week went according to script. With Matt Ryan and Ryan Tannehill on bye’s this week, make sure you have the proper replacements. Without further ado…
QB (Opponent in Parenthesis)
1. Peyton Manning (JAX) – The only question (and it is a legitimate one) is will Manning play more than 3 quarters?
2. Aaron Rodgers (@BAL) – The Ravens defense is not what it used to be, even with Terrell Suggs having a monster year.
3. Drew Brees (@NE) – New England has only given up more than 20 fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks once this year. They also haven’t played Drew Brees yet.
4. Tony Romo (WSH) – Throwing for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns will slide you a few spots up the rankings. Playing the Redskins at home will take you up even further.
5. Robert Griffin III (@DAL) – I expect RGIII to come out very explosive after his bye week.
6. Andrew Luck (@SD) – What’s not to like about Luck’s season so far? Increased efficiency and much smaller turnover rate can’t be ignored.
7. Tom Brady (NO) – Even though the Saints defense is much improved, a healthy Gronk will work wonders for Brady and the rest of the offense, especially in the red-zone.
8. Matthew Stafford (@CLE) – Be careful here, if Calvin Johnson doesn’t play then Stafford falls out of my top 10. The Browns defense is sneaky good too.
9. Cam Newton (@MIN) – 3 interceptions vs. Arizona last week was not what the Panthers, and fantasy owners, needed coming off of a bye.
10. Jay Cutler (NYG) – All about the matchup here. Did you see what Nick Foles and Michael Vick combined to do against the Giants D?
First five out: Philip Rivers, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Terrelle Pryor, Alex Smith