Week 5 Rankings – WR
The one key theme you will notice from this week’s receiver rankings is the slot guys moving way up the list. Victor Cruz and Wes Welker have been absolute studs all season, and their rankings definitely reflect that. Receiver is a deep position this week, so make sure you take note on which guys to start. Without further ado…
WR (Opponent in Parenthesis)
1. Calvin Johnson (@GB) – Unlike Adrian Peterson, Megatron actually plays this week, which means he’s first in the rankings.
2. Dez Bryant (DEN) – 2 touchdowns vs. San Diego in week 4. I see another big day for Bryant on Sunday, even against Denver.
3. Victor Cruz (PHI) – First slot guy on the list, Cruz has just been unstoppable this season. He should be able to torch the Eagles secondary just like Welker did last week.
4. Demaryius Thomas (@DAL) – Best receiver with the best quarterback on the best team in football.
5. Julio Jones (NYJ) – Even when he played poorly last week vs. the Patriots, he still had over 100 receiving yards.
6. Wes Welker (@DAL) – The second slot guy on this list… Not only is Peyton Manning looking to Welker on just about every play, he also is finding him for touchdowns, something Brady did not do a whole lot.
7. A.J. Green (NE) – Only has 1 game this year with over 100 yards. His next highest yardage total? 51.
8. Brandon Marshall (NO) – Cutler needs to get Marshall the ball more for the Bears to win.
9. DeSean Jackson (@NYG) – Jackson is due for a big play or two this week vs. New York.
10. Randall Cobb (DET) – Pick your poison between him and Nelson.
11. Jordy Nelson (DET) – Pick your poison between him and Cobb.
12. Andre Johnson (@SF) – Played great last week in a losing effort vs. Seattle.
13. Larry Fitzgerald (CAR) – After a promising week 1, Fitz has been somewhat quiet this year.
14. Josh Gordon (BUF) – Danny Amendola, Stephen Hill, Santonio Holmes, and Torrey Smith all had huge games against the Bills D this year. Gordon is up next.
15. Torrey Smith (@MIA) – Huge week for Smith last week (166 yards, 1 TD). I expect good numbers again, just maybe not that good.
16. Danny Amendola (@CIN) – If (when) he plays, he becomes Brady’s favorite target by default.
17. Anquan Boldin (HOU) – Boldin has been tough to figure out this year, but I expect a decent double-digit point game from him against Houston on Sunday Night.
18. Eric Decker (@DAL) – 3 straight games with over 85 receiving yards for Decker. Even though Peyton has tons of options, Decker still gets some love.
19. Marques Coltson (@CHI) – He’s only posted one game so far with over 10 fantasy points.
20. Reggie Wayne (SEA) – Playing Richard Sherman isn’t fun.
First five out: Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Cecil Shorts, Kenbrell Thompkins, James Jones