Week 5 Rankings – RB
Adrian Peterson, Dough Martin, Alfred Morris, and Le’Veon Bell are all out this week with a bye. Each one of those guys are huge losses to deal with, which means starting the right guys in their place is even more important. Without further ado…
Bye’s: Steelers, Redskins, Buccaneers, Vikings
RB (Opponent in Parenthesis)
1. LeSean McCoy (@NYG) – With AP on a bye, someone else finally gets to enjoy the top spot on my rankings. The Giants have struggled to contain running backs all season long, and with McCoy’s talent, he should easily exploit that.
2. Marshawn Lynch (@IND) – Lynch has been somewhat boom or bust this year with fantasy point totals of 4, 30, 6, and 17. He is much more consistent than that, and it will show this week.
3. Jamaal Charles (@TEN) – If you just looked at Charles’ rushing numbers, they would not be overly impressive. But combined with his receiving stats, you have a top 3 fantasy player.
4. Matt Forte (NO) – He is one of the players on the Hot side of the Who’s hot, Who’s not column this week. Forte should have a great game once again for Chicago.
5. Reggie Bush (@GB) – Over 20 points in 2 of the 3 games he has played so far this year, Bush is set for another big game against a very poor Packers defense.
6. Arian Foster (@SF) – Foster really picked it up last week, rushing for over 100 yards for the first time all year (although he managed 102 on 27 carries… not too explosive)
7. Trent Richardson (SEA) – As evidenced by the number 6 man on this list, Seattle can be run on.
8. Ray Rice (@MIA) – Hopefully the Ravens run it more than 9 times this week so Flacco doesn’t throw 5 picks again.
9. Frank Gore (HOU) – Coming off a mini-bye (Niners played Thursday night) and his best game of the year, Gore has a lot to like about him this week.
10. Demarco Murray (DEN) – The only worry here is that Dallas will be behind which means they will have to throw.
11. Knowshon Moreno (@DAL) – Moreno will get his touches, but with all the receiving weapons, will he find the end-zone?
12. Lamar Miller (BAL) – Baltimore allowed 175 yards and a touchdown to Bills’ running backs last week.
13. Deangelo Williams (@ARI) – Should be well-rested coming off a bye.
14. Chris Johnson (KC) – He called out fantasy owners earlier this week. Fantasy owners should be the one’s calling him out.
15. Eddie Lacy (DET) – Matt Forte played extremely well against the Lions last week, now let’s what Lacy can do.
16. Bilal Powell (@ATL) – With double digit fantasy points in 3 straight weeks now, Powell is becoming a very reliable fantasy option.
17. Darren Sproles (@CHI) – He won’t score 23 fantasy points again this week, but he also wont score 5 like he did the week prior.
18. Maurice Jones-Drew (@STL) – Such a favorable matchup against a Rams team that is terrible against the run. I just don’t trust Jones-Drew yet.
19. David Wilson (PHI) – Steadily increasing his fantasy points through each of the 4 games so far. Is this the week that he finally breaks out of the doghouse?
20. Giovani Bernard (NE) – New England’s run defense is really good, just less good without Vince Wilfork.
First five out: Joique Bell, Stevan Ridley, Jacquizz Rodgers, Fred Jackson, Rashad Jennings