Week 5 Rankings – QB
Last week was a terrible week of bye’s for quarterbacks; the absence of Cam Newton or Aaron Rodgers is a tough blow to deal with for any team. This week is a little more kind, as Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Cassel, and Mike Glennon won’t be missed during their week off. Pretty standard rankings this week, with a few surprises towards the bottom. Without further ado…
Bye’s: Steelers, Vikings, Buccaneers, Redskins
QB (Opponent in Parenthesis)
1. Peyton Manning (@DAL) – 16-0. The touchdown to interception ratio that Manning has and the record his team is on pace for.
2. Drew Brees (@CHI) – He has over 30 fantasy points in the past games. He is the only player (any position) to have 30+ points in consecutive games in 2013.
3. Cam Newton (@ARI) – Before the bye week, Newton steadily improved his play going from 12 to 16 to 28 fantasy points in his first 3 games. With an extra week to prepare for the Cardinals, I could see Newton continuing to improve.
4. Tom Brady (@CIN) – Brady put together his most complete game of the season last Sunday. Coming up against a Bengals defense that had trouble stopping the Browns, I foresee a big day for Tom.
5. Aaron Rodgers (DET) – Coming off a bye week, Rodgers is always a safe bet to have a solid game. However, don’t discount the Lions defense… the same unit that gave the Bears fits last week.
6. Matthew Stafford (@GB) – Kaepernick, Dalton, and RGIII all had their best games against the Packers defense this season.
7. Michael Vick (@NYG) – Theoretically, the Giants game is a great matchup for Vick. But with just 1 touchdown in his past 2 weeks, he’s getting hard to trust which is why he is outside my top 5.
8. Philip Rivers (@OAK) – 400 yards last week against a Dallas secondary that is much better than Oakland’s.
9. Terrelle Pryor (SD) – He has been cleared to play this week after sitting out last game with a concussion. Love the matchup here against the Chargers who have allowed the most fantasy points to opposing QB’s this year.
10. Matt Ryan (NYJ) – The Falcons QB has been very consistent this year. Even though the team isn’t winning as much as they hoped, Ryan will still get you fantasy numbers in the 18-22 range.
First five out: Colin Kaepernick, Tony Romo, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Brian Hoyer