Week 4 Rankings – WR
Week 4 is when the bye weeks start which means that fantasy owners cant play Randall Cobb, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, or Steve Smith this week. Each one of those players was probably a starter on your team or a team in your league, so pay close attention to this week’s rankings to figure out how to replace those guys. Without further ado…
Week 4 byes: Packers, Panthers
WR (Opponent in Parenthesis)
1. Calvin Johnson (CHI) – Averaging 20 fantasy points over the past 2 games. Enough said.
2. Dez Bryant (@SD) – Tony Romo looks to him on just about every play.
3. Demaryius Thomas (PHI) – The Broncos are going to put up 40 so you have to think that Thomas gets into the end-zone at least once.
4. Julio Jones (NE) – Roddy White is still not close to 100% which means more balls to Jones.
5. Brandon Marshall (@DET) – The Steelers defense shutout Marshall last week (5 fantasy points) and did the same to A.J. Green the week before (4 fantasy points). Despite all of the weaknesses in Pittsburgh, something has to be said for their pass defense.
6. A.J. Green (@CLE) – Covered by Joe Haden all day? Not fun. Green is too talented to let it affect him too much, but still.
7. DeSean Jackson (@DEN) – He is on that Heinz hype with Michael Vick. (Playing catch-up/ketchup against the Broncos in case you didn’t read the QB rankings.
8. Victor Cruz (@KC) – One of the only positives for the Giants so far this season. That and Tim Lincecum’s no hitter.
9. Wes Welker (PHI) – He is finding the end-zone much more in Denver than he was in New England.
10. Antonio Brown (@MIN) – HUGE breakout performance last week (31 fantasy points). Against a Vikings defense that just allowed Josh Gordon to run free, I expect more good things from Brown.
11. Torrey Smith (@BUF) – Buffalo gave up 2 touchdowns of 50+ yards last week to the Jets. That type of big play is exactly what Torrey Smith thrives on.
12. Reggie Wayne (@JAC) – I like my odds with any receiver against the Jaguars.
13. Pierre Garcon (@OAK) – I like my odds with any receiver against the Raiders.
14. Eric Decker (PHI) – I like my odds with any receiver (even a third option) against the Eagles.
15. Marques Colston (MIA) – Colston isn’t having the best season ever, but it is only a matter of time before he puts it all together.
16. Anquan Boldin (@STL) – Still not sure what we are going to get from this guy.
17. Josh Gordon (CIN) – Led the league in targets last week in his first game back from suspension. Safe to say he is a big part of Norv Turner’s plans.
18. Vincent Jackson (ARI) – Mike Glennon is now the QB… he cant be any worse than Josh Freeman right? Also keep in mind that Jackson is dealing with a rib injury.
19. Larry Fitzgerald (@TB) – Don’t like my odds on Revis Island.
20. Andre Johnson (SEA) Dont’t like my odds on Sherman street. (That one was a stretch)
First five out: Cecil Shorts, DeAndre Hopkins, Dwayne Bowe, Julian Edelman, Steve Johnson