Week 2 Fantasy Rankings (WR)
There were some real special performances (Victor Cruz, Anquan Boldin) and some complete duds (Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant) but overall it was an impactful week one for the wide receivers. This is possibly the trickiest position on who to start and sit this week so be careful when setting your lineup, and make sure you listen to the advice http://www.fantasysportslockerroom.com gives you because I hear it’s really good. Without further ado…
WR (Opponent in parenthesis)
1. Calvin Johnson (@ARI) – He got robbed of a touchdown last week which was very unfortunate, but it also wasn’t the first time it happened to him.
2. A.J. Green (PIT) – Andy Dalton forced him the ball in week one, as evidenced by his 2 touchdown receptions as well as 2 interceptions on passes thrown his way. The good news? Receivers don’t lose points for picks.
3. Brandon Marshall (MIN) – Typical 104 yard, 1 touchdown performance last week. Expect more of the same here.
4. Demaryius Thomas (@NYG) – Peyton Manning’s most lethal weapon just has to be in the top 5.
5. Julio Jones (STL) – With Roddy White still ailing, more pressure (and passes) will be heaped upon the former Alabama star.
6. Larry Fitzgerald (DET) – Carson Palmer is the perfect fit for Larry Fitz… or at least 10x better than anyone he’s had since Kurt Warner.
7. Vincent Jackson (NO) – The only bright spot for Tampa Bay last week, Jackson racked up 154 yards against the Jets. Now he gets a chance to terrorize an equally bad (albeit improved) New Orleans secondary.
8. Victor Cruz (DEN) – Don’t expect 3 touchdowns again, but he’ll still have a productive game.
9. Andre Johnson (TEN) – Last week he had his 19th career game with 10+ receptions which is the most in NFL history. Quite an accomplishment.
10. Randall Cobb (WSH) – Aaron Rodgers will rack up the yards and Cobb will be the beneficiary.
11. Dez Bryant (@KC) – Hobbled by an ankle sprain and double coverage from New York last week, let’s see what he can do against KC.
12. Marques Colston (@TB) – Quietly became the Saints all-time leading receiver last week.
13. Reggie Wayne (MIA) – Mr. Consistent.
14. Jordy Nelson (WSH) – He was Aaron Rodgers favorite target last week and looked healthy too. Always a good combination.
15. Pierre Garcon (@GB) – Look for a bounce back week from Washington and don’t be surprised if Garcon leads that charge.
16. Anquan Boldin (@SEA) – MVP of week 1, but now he will be covered by Richard Sherman in week 2. Would be higher if not for that fact.
17. DeSean Jackson (SD) – Another member of that high-flying Eagles offense that looks poised for another great fantasy week.
18. Wes Welker (@NYG) – Peyton Manning only has so many passes to be thrown around between Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Julius Thomas, and Wes Welker.
19. Julian Edelman (NYJ) – Amendola is unlikely to play which means many more opportunities for Edelman. Add that to the fact that those two are the only receivers Tom Brady trusts right now and you have yourself a top 20 fantasy receiver.
20. Antonio Brown (@CIN) – Pittsburgh’s offense better get something going or else they are in big trouble.