Week 2 Fantasy Rankings (RB)
Week 1 featured a lot of disappointment at the running back position. First round studs like Doug Martin, Marshawn Lynch, Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson, and C.J. Spiller never reached their potential. And raise your hand if you pegged Shane Vereen and LeSean McCoy as the ONLY 2 backs to go over 100 yards. The important thing is not to overreact to the first week of the season and let you’re running backs lead you to fantasy glory in week two. Without further ado…
RB (Opponent in parenthesis)
1. Adrian Peterson (@CHI) – After a 78 yard touchdown run he had 15 carries for 17 yards. Does it matter? Nope.
2. LeSean McCoy (SD) – Anyone who watched that Monday night game knows that McCoy has the chance for a special season. Thanks Chip! (Coach Kelly and I are on a first name basis)
3. Jamaal Charles (DAL) – Only thing to pay attention to is his injury situation. Minor concern for a major fantasy running back.
4. Doug Martin (NO) – Is New Orleans’ defense for real? I doubt it.
5. Arian Foster (TEN) – Had a quiet Monday night game but I could see multiple scores coming against the Titans.
6. Matt Forte (MIN) – Makes the list ahead of some big names, but did you see Reggie Bush and Joique Bell run all over Minnesota?
7. Trent Richardson (@BAL) – The Browns need to muster up some kind of offense, right?
8. Marshawn Lynch (SF) – Only 41 rushing yards in week one and now he gets to face a stout Niners D. Lynch is the key to this game for Seattle, if he runs well, they win.
9. Alfred Morris (@GB) – Terrible showing in week 1 with 2 fumbles in the first half and less than 50 rushing yards. Nowhere to go but up against the lowly Packers D.
10. C.J. Spiller (CAR) – Carolina held Marshawn Lynch in check all game and could easily do the same for Spiller, but I see a better game for the Bills’ RB.
11. Ray Rice (CLE) – Stat of the week: against the Browns last week, Miami had 23 carries for 20 yards. Rice will have his fair share of struggles.
12. Steven Jackson (STL) – The Falcons will bounce back and so should Jackson.
13. Reggie Bush (@ARI) – Impressive week one, now let’s see him consistently tear apart defenses. I’m not 100% sold yet.
14. Stevan Ridley (NYJ) – Terrible game last week with 2 first half fumbles. However, with Shane Vereen out, the Pats don’t have many other options. I bet you Ridley doesn’t fumble this week.
15. Eddie Lacy (WSH) – Solid fantasy debut, especially since he found the end zone. Now let’s see him do it again against Washington.
16. Demarco Murray (@KC) – Kansas City shut down MJD last week, but who knows if that’s an accomplishment anymore. I expect Murray to reach 100 yards and possibly the end zone.
17. Darren Mcfadden (JAC) – With everyone so down on Mcfadden, he had a solid game last week. This week should be even easier with the Jaguars at home.
18. Chris Johnson (@HOU) – Needed 25 carries for 70 yards last week.
19. Darren Sproles (@TB) – Perfect dual-threat RB, Tampa wont be able to stop him
20. Lamar Miller (@IND) – 10 carries for 3 yards last week? Ummm… nowhere to go but up right?